Well it looks as thought 2017 is starting off with a bang.. The lovely Demi bees has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Click her name to go check out her wonderful blog.
Receiving these just makes me smile because although they are not physical awards they are recognition all the same. People who have read my content and enjoyed it enough to think ” yeah i’ll nominate her for this award I think she deserves it.”
Sooo…what is this Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award has it’s roots within the German blogger scene (Liebster means “dearest”, “favorite” in German) and is a way to recognise new bloggers for their achievements and efforts. A Liebster Award Nomination functions as well as support, it’s aimed to connect bloggers, helps to build a network and most important it can help you to find new interesting blogs.
It works under the “pass it on” principle, similar to a chain letter but in nice and not annoying. When a blogger receives a Liebster Award nomination, they will nominates some fellow bloggers, who will then nominate some bloggers and so on and so forth.
Besides getting the chance to introduce yourself to your fellow bloggers, you get as well the possibility to share some fun facts about you that are not in the about us section . A center piece of the Liebster Award is to answer 11 Questions, share some random 11 facts and to ask 11 Questions to the Bloggers you nominate.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know that you have nominated them.
11 Facts about me:
Not really sure these are all that interesting but here goes
- I did Gymnastics from the age of 6 until i was about 11
- I am mixed race (don’t look it)
- I used to do street dance and performed at Halifax Gala (where I live)
- My natural hair colour is blonde.. not that i’ve seen my natural colour for years haha !
- I taught myself how to do acrylic nails.
- When I was younger I wanted to be a vet.
- I have one amazing sister who I look up to so much.
- I am 30 this year on 16th October (scary)
- I only started blogging in October but I love it
- I have only recently started opening up more about my problems I have with mental health and feeling comfortable enough to deal with it.
- Until I moved out I had never lived in a house without pets.
I was asked:
What is your biggest goal for 2017?
I want to focus on growing my blog and connecting with publishers and brands for the reviews I do.
Are you a reader? If so, what is your favorite genre?
Oh my gosh this one is so hard. I love Fantasy , crime, Thrillers, horrors, at the moment though I am really enjoy dystopian Fantasy .
Quick pick: Sun, Moon or Stars?
What inspires you to write on your blog the most?
Different things. Sometimes for a review its the feeling that i loved the book or film so much i just need to share it. With the more personal things about mental health and my weightloss journey, what inspires me is the fact that I now feel like i can share things and put it out there without feeling nervous or self conscious. I held my creativity back so long in case i got hate but why should I stop what I want to do for haters that mean nothing to me.
If you could be any celebrity for a day, who would you be and why?
I have honestly never thought about this.. errm..probably Adele because I would get to sing with that voice!!!!! amazing
If your life were a sitcom, who would play you?
Rebel Wilson haha because I love her. She is so funny and pretty. And shes plus size.
What cartoon character would best describe your personality?
Haha errm. I don’t know about this one.
What is your favorite season and why?
Autumn probably, because I love the golden colours. Normally its cold but not too cold.
What is your favorite dish?
My sisters home made lasagne all day!!!!
Tell us your ultimate dream vacation.
Anywhere with my family!! .. sounds cheesy but its true
Describe the perfect outfit for a night on the town.
For me haha its leggings some flat black boots and a sparkly top.. simple girl I know..
Okay so they aren’t all new bloggers but they are new to me and I loves really enjoy reading their contact so here goes.
GO GO GO .. follow them on twitter and go check out their blogs. their links are all in their bios.
My 11 Questions
- Where are you from? and how old are you ?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What inspires you to blog about the topics you do?
- If you were an animal what would you be and why?
- Favourite Food/meal?
- Goals for 2017.. and beyooooond?
- What is your favourite thing to do and why?
- If you could meet any 5 people (not necessarily celebs. Who would it be and why?
- What would you main tip be for new bloggers?
- Is blogging just a hobby for you or would you like to make a career from it?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, domestic or wild what would it be.